6/23/2013

TREKKING UP THE MOUNTAIN

On the last day of my trip to Bhutan, I challenged to hike up
the mountain to visit Taktsang Monastery.

To see this- one of the most important Buddhist sites was
a high-light of my trip.
Taktsang Monastery is built on a cliff over 3000meter/9842ft  altitude
and it takes 2.5hrs to achieve, so it was such strenuous and literally
breath-taking  experience.




As an alternative way, you can rent a horse to bring up the mountain slope.

To tell you the truth, I wrenched the knee on my way down.
It was so painful and I couldn't bend it a bit after that,
but I still recommend you to walk on your foot like Buddhist locals do.
'cause it must be totally different!!

                                                   ARIGATO!  Thank you for reading!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello from germany :) would you follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? if you like you can start and i'll follow you back waiting for your response <3


    Please like me on facebook
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete